And some are on flashdrives.
Here's what I got.
- (note in my profile my affinity for lists...also note the cute chin.)
- One absurdly long memior slash travel guide slash apology.
- One murder mystery political thriller than involves the gay son of a Senator...and guns. I, for the record, know nothing about guns.
- One rambling tale from 3 POV's -- a man who is gay and a politician (theme?), a man who has a child (that is kept secret until later, so sucks to be you reading this now) and finds out later he (not the child) is also gay, and the child -- a deaf kid who is, despite the amateur writing and poor use of commas (see previous blog), quite endearing.
- Four Winnie the Pooh wanna-be's. My kids like them so bugger off.
- One story of Jackie Robinson's first game told from a fictional character attending the game. A LOT of detail.
- One story of the flying of the Enola Gay told by a fictional pilot (though with research from the actual pilot -- impressive, eh?)
- One story...
The point is, I have written a lot in my years on this planet. A lot. My recently published first novel (which I will not self promote until my NEXT blog) is the first leap into the general public actually getting a taste of my words on paper. (I chose off-white for the book to give it a slightly carmel/vanilla flavor.)
Does a writer return to the days of old and try to rehash the bad-old-stories for editing, criticism, and eventual publishing? Or does one create anew via inspiration from life? Or, to be blunt about it, does one blog?
I leave you to ponder this while I sleep. But return tomorrow for another story.
Can't wait to read your first endeavor into the publishing world. I also look forward to featuring you on Reading Minnesota.
ReplyDeleteIf I were to take something old out of the writing closet, I would probably just use the idea, and completely re-write. A serious re-write of my old things would probably take just as long as a good edit. And the product would probably be better.
ReplyDeleteBut, I have enough ideas in the queue that I won't need to dip into the closet for a while.
But, I'm intrigued by your "rambling tale"--it sounds like you have some strong, interesting characters. (And you dedicated more words for its explanation--is that story still alive in your head?)